This turkey meatloaf packs a punch with lean protein and essential nutrients, making it a family favorite and a weeknight staple!
Let’s talk protein in my turkey meatloaf recipe, shall we?
Protein is crucial for building and repairing tissues in our bodies, and it’s also critical for brain health. Amino acids, the building blocks of protein, are essential in producing neurotransmitters that regulate our mood, energy, and cognitive function.
Sadly, many adults don’t get enough protein, particularly if they adhere to fad diets or restrict certain food groups. That’s why the turkey meatloaf recipe from “Eat Clean 21” is a fantastic option for those looking to increase their protein intake. With two pounds of ground turkey in the recipe, you can be confident you’re fueling your brain with the amino acids it needs to function at its best.
This meatloaf is loaded with nutrients!!!!
Minced garlic, finely chopped onion, celery, and bell pepper are all vegetables that are packed with essential nutrients. Here’s a breakdown of some of the key nutrients found in each ingredient:
- Garlic: Garlic is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, and manganese. It also contains sulfur compounds that have been shown to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Onion: Onions are high in vitamin C, vitamin B6, and folate. They also contain quercetin, a flavonoid that has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Celery: Celery is a good source of vitamin K, vitamin C, and potassium. It also contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that may help protect against chronic diseases.
- Bell Pepper: Bell peppers are high in vitamin C, vitamin A, and potassium. They also contain antioxidants like carotenoids and flavonoids that have been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects.
Combining these nutrient-dense veggies with lean protein provides a powerful dose of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can support your overall health and well-being. Let’s not forget about the ancient fine sea salt and coconut aminos that give this recipe an extra flavor boost!
The best part is: This recipe is so freaking easy to make! Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, pour it into a greased loaf pan, and bake for an hour. Boom! You have a delicious and healthy meal that will satisfy and energize you.
This recipe is featured in my 21-Day Detox and Cleans book, Eat Clean 21!
Now, I know what you’re thinking. “Another fad diet book? No thanks.” But trust me, “Eat Clean 21” is different. It’s all about fueling your body with whole, nutritious foods that will provide you with the energy and clarity you need to crush your goals, rather than depriving yourself or counting calories.
So, if you’re ready to take control of your health and ditch fad diets, grab your copy of “Eat Clean 21” on Amazon today. You’ll have access to many mouthwatering recipes that will make healthy eating a breeze, and trust me, your taste buds and brain will thank you.
What are you waiting for? Head to Amazon and grab your copy of “Eat Clean 21” today. Trust me, your taste buds and your brain will thank you.
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ancient fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 stock celery finely chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients.1 large egg, 1 tsp garlic, 1/2 large onion, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tsp ancient fine sea salt, 2 tbsp coconut aminos, 1/2 stock celery, 1/2 bell pepper, 2 lbs ground turkey
- Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with coconut or olive oil.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Remove from oven. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.